Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Words are very powerful. It has different interpretations and it can motivate or bring someone down. Words no matter how harsh or how good it was are still words and can do no harm to a person. It cannot touch you, it cannot harm you or even kill you. Here are some of the consequences and different interpretations of words that produce different results:
1.) Gina is a dancer in a night club. Everyone in their neighbourhood knows her job but she is proud of it. Everytime she passes their main street a group of boys are always calling her some words that are very hard to ignore, some are blowing whistles to signifies that she is a b**** and others are doing some actions that can hurt her feelings. Instead of fighting back, Gina uses these situations as a motivation. She is working harder to take herself away from her current job.
2.) Robert is drinking with his friends the whole night. There is a point when one of his friends joked him that his wife is having an affair with their other neighbour. Robert got fired up, immediately getting the knife and stabbed his friend. Robert got imprisoned for five years.
3.) Jana and Regine are twins. They are always being scolded by their mom because they are not getting high grades. Jana uses it as a motivation to study harder while Regine think of it as a sign that their mom doesn’t love them. At the end of the school year Jana was the top of their class while Regine has to take up remedial classes.
4.) Sophia was the newest swimmer of the team B Argentina National Team. Her dream was to make it to the team A to officially represent her country. In order for her to do that she has to pass several contests and beat the fastest swimmers on their team. Because she was new everyone was laughing at her dream. Sophia uses this as a motivation instead of a depression. She continues to work hard. Spend extra swimming hours in the swimming pool. Three months later her hard work paved off. She was recruited for the Team A and all of her teammates bowed at her.
These are just several cases of what words can do into our lives. It can turn us down or empowered our motivation to work harder, persevere and never give up. People have different interpretations of the words that they hear and they also give different meanings. No matter what meaning we gave to those words we must first think of the consequences that may happen before taking any action.
I have a brother younger than me than 15 years old, he is a solid fan of basketball and loves to play the sport everyday. He is a solid fan of Los Angeles Lakers and idolizes Kobe Bryant so much. His addiction for the sport grows stronger every day, from watching you tubes and doing the moves of his favorite player, playing games like NBA Live and 2k11 and even with is clothes, he loves to wear jerseys. I am so happy for him because he was so passionate of his chosen hobby. I can’t remember any day that he didn’t talk about basketball from morning till evening. He is always updated in NBA and even the collegiate basketball news can’t escape him. There is a basketball court near our house and he always play everyday. I am always watching him because my room is in the second floor and there is a perfect view of the basketball court. He didn’t know that I am always watching him at my window, I can see that my brother is a good player, he is good in using both of his hands for dribbling and in shooting, although he is not super quick but he is tall in his age and can play from guard to center. One day he came to our house very excited because there will be a sports fest that will be held in their school. My brother made a lot of preparation, he practices regularly, get strict with his diet and always sleeping before 10 PM. He feels that this is the time for him to shine. So his first game finally arrives, he woke up early, pack his things and go to school. I didn’t watch his game because I have more important things to do so I just waited for him to go home. My brother finally arrived, I am excited to hear his story but I’ve seen sadness in his eyes. I already know that his game was not good. I ask him what went wrong and he told me that they lose and he didn’t make a single bucket. The reason is because he was given a limited playing time. He told me that he was given a chance but his teammates are not passing the ball to him so he got frustrated and he didn’t show his real game. He felt that because of his teammates that is why he wasn’t able to showcase his talents in basketball. I gave him an advice and told him that if I were the coach of their team I would do the same thing. “You know what... if you really wanted to impress your coach you should do everything you can on the court. Even if the ball isn’t on your hands you should help your team in the best way that you can. Grab rebounds, steal the ball from opponent, play defense like they have no chance in passing your guard. Show a very hungry attitude that you are there to win and not only to shoot the ball. In that way your coach will give you a lot of playing time and you will have more chances of showing your talents. Even on the warm ups you should show your coach that you are all out and is always ready to play” I see a smile on my brother’s face and I know that he listens to my advice. His second game comes and he is ready to play again, he promises to me that even if he is not scoring he will have an all out attitude and do whatever it takes to win. When my brother arrived, I feel that he is satisfied with his game. He told me that they win the game and he scored 8 points. He second leading scorer of their team. He also told me that he takes my advice and his coach almost played him the whole game. In life there are lot of ways to get the job done. All we need is do whatever it takes and stay positive the whole time. We must learn that if we do everything we can and put an all out effort, positive results will come.
1. A journey with no trials or challenges will lead you to nowhere.
2. Winning is a matter of who wants it more, who is willing to give more effort, more time and more sacrifices to get his dreams.
3. Our mind is like a bank, knowledge is like money. The more we save knowledge into our bank, the more money we get in the future.
4. There is always something in the dark.
5. Success cannot happen in a single night but the first step to success can.
6. The only way to beat fear is to repeat the things that you are scared of over and over again until you’ve come to realize that there is really nothing to be afraid of.
7. If you can’t have what you want then you are really not giving everything you can.
8. A test paper with wrong answers but honestly done is better than a test paper with correct but cheated answers.
9. If you’re living with other’s opinions then you are really not living your life. We are the ones responsible for our results so don’t even bother to listen to their ideas.
10. If you want your dreams whole heartedly then go on and chase it but if half of it says you can’t, then don’t even bother trying.
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
1. You are the author of your own book of life, you wrote the stories, you make the characters, you set the plot, set the climax and of course make its value, the conclusion is your book depends on your way of thinking, so how are you going to write it?
2. This is a very nice game: For just ten days focus your thoughts, your efforts, your energy and your desire to anything that you want and you will be amazed of the changes that it can bring into your life.
3. You are what you believe, you are what you think about so raise the level of measurement for yourself because the universe totally agrees on what you believe.
4. The pain you are feeling today because of the sacrifices that you made will be the glory of tomorrow.
5. If you quit then that is the end of your dream but if you don’t then chances are still alive and it’s just a matter of time before you get your dreams.
6. Make it a habit to always think positive despite of the negativity that surrounds you.
7. Don’t be eager to tell everybody that you’ve done great things, it will present itself naturally just be humble and always stay your feet on the ground.
8. Talk is cheap, if you talk be sure to back it up because at the end people will remember all the arrogance that you’ve made and will mock you forever.
9. Courage is different from cockiness, humbleness is different from low self esteem so be careful of the self image that you are trying to project.
10. Never walk with the turtles go and fly with the falcons.
11. Even if you are not on the mood do what you have to do, champions still practice even if they don’t like and legends still work even if they are sick. Momentum easily shifts because of laziness.
12. When you are successful, people will just see the riches that you have, it’s sad because they don’t appreciate all the hardships and trials that you’ve encountered before reaching the top.
13. You already win if you try and you will only lose if you stop taking chances.
14. If you see someone better than you in a certain field it doesn’t mean that he is more talented, it simply means that he works harder than you and gives more time to hone his skills.
15. In the time of your darkest hours and you can’t see anything all you have to do is close your eyes and find the light inside of your heart and soon darkness will fade away.
Monday, July 11, 2011
When you are afraid of the situation or you wanted to do something but you are afraid, read this article over and over again and surely it will help:
I am courage , I can fly above the sky, I can swim the deepest ocean, I can touch the hottest fire, I break the obstacles on my way, I accept punishment within my heart coz I know I can get through it. I can be myself anytime, I can enter the darkest cave, I love challenges, I refuse to lose, I get nervous but I am not scared, I don’t back up to any trials, I break the rules, I break records, I am bold and true to my words, I make history, I always grind for greatness, I never settle for second place, my perfume is confidence you can smell it 500 meters away, I erase the word impossible I am invincible, I stand for what I believe, I am proud of my suffering blood sweat and tears I drink it every day, I stand up immediately when I fall, I never lose hope when I face tragedy, I strive for royalty, I always push myself to the limits, I never make excuses, I always do it now there is no reason for waiting, I destroy doubts fears and hesitation, I love adventures I always try different experiences, My heart is burning thoughts are jumping, In my mind I see myself as a warrior, In my soul there is a feeling of superior, I have no time to cry no time to make dramas or self pity, I grow stronger every day, I feel powerful more than ever, I will stop talking now I will start walking now, In my heart it’s impossible to lose I will face the challenge now because I am courage.
1. You can have all the talents in the world, you can be the strongest, the fastest and the smartest but if you don’t know how to win it will all be useless.
2. Never measure your success by the failure of others. It only shows that you are not living your values and all you care is showing them that you are the better person.
3. When you stop making excuses and start making risks then that is the time that you are really living your life.
4. Living in fear is like you are only borrowing your life from someone else and you don’t have the right to make the choices you want and follow the satisfaction of your soul.
5. Stop comparing yourself from others because we are born as unique individuals and we are all given the right to dream and became what we wanted to be so dare yourself to go to the path less travelled and make your own footprints.
6. Humans dream to travel fast so they created cars, humans dream to fly so they created airplanes, humans dream to create living things so they invented cloning, humans dream to destroy so they created nuclear weapons. Enough said, this saying is 100% real, “If there’s a will there’s a way”.
7. In gambling if we are given the ugly cards then we are very sure to lose but in real life no matter how ugly your cards seem to be, you still have the power to control your destiny, because it is not the cards but it is how you play your cards.
8. Nice clothes and fancy jewelleries will never make you standout, it’s the level of confidence that you have that makes the difference.
9. Practice time management everyday and once you mastered it you will be amazed that the tasks you are supposed to do in one year can be done in just few months.
10. Hard work and stupid work can be sometimes similar so don’t work hard on minor things; focus your energy on major things.
11. Humans get loose when they have nothing left to lose, so if you are hesitating to do something just keep in mind that you were born naked and owns nothing except the love of God and your parents.
12. Easy work is worthless, effortless victory is not sweet so don’t be jealous of the people who already have everything since they were born because they don’t know how sweet the victory is when fought hard.
13. Bad fortune is not merely one hundred percent negative it is also fifty percent positive because if we take it as a challenge and learn something from it, at the end of the day we will be happy that it comes to our life.
14. Strength is not defined as the ability to carry heavy things, its true meaning is the power to absorb heavy hits and not falling down.
15. Creativity once paired with confidence the result is a masterpiece.
Sunday, July 10, 2011
Blood on my face, I will continue the race
Obstacles are tall, this will not make me fall
Pain is killing me, my heart disagree
Clouds are getting darker, my will is becoming stronger
Knives continue to hunt, bullets never stop firing
Wind is changing, the air is not breathing
My saliva turns into solid, hurt continues to breed
Chains wrapped my whole body, my mind says “I’m free”
One more mile, one more mile and I can smile
Speed is all mine still I can’t see the finish line
Roads are getting tougher, the wind is getting colder
My eyes never blink at the price, I am willing to sacrifice
Bumps again bounce again
No more turning back, how much is left on the clock
Spear continues to fear, pain I never stop to bear
5 more seconds and I will break, one more minute I have to make
Move faster now coz I smell blood
Winning in my veins continues to flood
I feel glory is this the reality?
My desire is unmatchable I am really the unstoppable.
1. If what you’re doing is not getting the job done then stop doing it, do something different, unleash your creativity and soon you will see a different and more positive result.
2. Stop acting like a turtle who always carries his house and hides when it senses danger, take more risks, expose yourself into failure, get loose because that is the only way to become successful.
3. Doubling the rate of failure means doubling the rate of success.
4. Don’t be afraid to start where you are even if you have less talents, less riches or ugly appearance because as you persevere everything will change just remember that even diamonds start as coal.
5. Everything has its own purpose so if you don’t what is yours go and find one. Life is too short for you to waste. Don’t take life for chances. Don’t take any single second for granted.
6. A snail even on his slowest pace can get to its destination as long as it keeps on moving.
7. Heavy rains will fall, strongest thunder will roar but the sun will never stop shining so even if you are on the hardest part of your life never lose hope because there is always sunshine after the rain.
8. I can accept defeat because that is normal but one thing that I cannot accept is if one never tries because there is doubt in his eyes.
9. Bullets, knives, swords or even missiles won’t stop a person whose desire is burning as hell and soaring as eagle.
10. Your attitude will determine the height of your success so choose the right and positive attitude.
11. Procrastination and idleness is a failure’s hiding place.
12. Problems are like a piece of paper. It can be torn down into pieces and can be solve one by one.
13. Live like a bull always pushing, hunt like a wolf always hungry, work like an addict never stopping and dream like an insane always hoping.
14. The path that will lead you to success is the path that you choose from the beginning without any external force or influence of others so be true to it and always stay focus.
15. Remove any doubts that are weakening your belief from getting your dreams, these doubts can grow bigger everyday and it will stop you taking baby steps to make your dreams come true.
The most common thing that an ordinary man does when he fail is shifts his direction. It’s natural because it’s very hard to accept that we still fail despite of the efforts and countless hours of work. Our motivation becomes low and our spirit dies and it’s very hard to revive. Some stop for a moment think again and find its way back, but for many who already loses hope accept their defeat as a destiny and decided to never try again. They will look for an easier path that they think will make it easier for them to reach their goals. They don’t know that the moment they feel uncomfortable again they will decide to change another direction until they don’t finish something. They will keep on blaming fortune as a number one reason for their failure. For some other people they take failure as a temporary defeat and a learning lesson to become stronger and try again. Kevin Garnett played for more than 10 seasons in the NBA before getting his first championship ring. His determination never dies and his will to win didn’t even fade for a little. Thomas Alva Edison has to make 10,000 tests before lighting a single bulb, he never accept each mistake as a failure instead he keeps on going until his dream becomes a reality. Vincent Van Gogh sold only one painting during his early days and this was to a friend. He still continues his passion and even starved sometimes to complete his 800 paintings. Today those paintings bring in hundreds of millions. In life we cannot immediately taste success in one night. We have to face struggles, failures, and frustrations and overcome them because those are the barometer of our success. Victory is sweeter when the tests are harder.
What if you want something so badly but you are not willing to take the risk because you think that you might hurt yourself or you will fall so deep. What if you have a dream but you don’t know what to do to make it happen? The answer is already in your mind. You don’t know what to do but that is good it’s normal. Successful people first have an idea, they have a clear picture on their mind what they want in life but they don’t know how to make it happen. They just simply jump into the world of unknowns they keep on pushing, they keep on asking and trying until they know what to do. This might seem strange at first but as long as you keep on believing that the world of unknowns has something inside of it that is waiting for you then it really has. Come to think of it, you want a brand new car but your salary is only $1500 a month then how will you be able to make it? The answer is jump into the world of unknowns. Make a move that you never really have done before like moving in a different path, jumping into a different career or making a business that you are your own boss. This might seem scary because there is no sure direction to what will you do but that is what it is, the world of unknowns will never give you an assurance that you will be successful but it will give you a chance of winning because there is no fixed things in this place. Imagine a starting businessman whose capital is only $2000 dollars. He wants a mansion so he starts a laundry business, there is no assurance that he is going to be successful but he still believing. Then imagine a guy whose job is already established as a supervisor in a big company. His monthly salary is $5000 dollars but do you think that is enough to own a mansion? Who do you think will win? Is it the businessman who has no idea if luck will favors him and get his dream house or the supervisor who has a good job but is only at a fixed rate? This is where the world of unknowns is the best place to go, it has no fixed salary, it has no fixed choices and its chances of winning are unlimited. It is very scary but the benefit is very huge and very satisfying. Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein has no idea how to make their goals happen but they believe in their selves so they jump into the world of unknowns, they keep on persevering, pushing until their dreams has been finally answered. So where do you wanted to go?
Saturday, July 9, 2011
According to a survey done by several College students there were only 5% of the population around the world who were really becoming successful. These 5% were names of Bill Gates, Michael Jordan, Manny Pacquiao, Dale Carnegie, Henry Ford and many more big names coming from different industries. What do these guys have in common? Luck? Talents? Opportunity? No, not really. A lot of people makes excuses and say that they were less talented or weak, they don’t have the opportunity or maybe their parents were not rich and can’t afford to support their dreams. Ironically big names from different businesses come from a very poor family, discriminated race, hostile environment and a very destructive surrounding yet they found a way to make their lives successful. Their common attribute? PERSEVERANCE, yes it is, all of the people in the world can have it but they are not willing to persevere, Napoleon Hill is right that victory belongs to the most persevering. These big names persevere more than anybody else does, their careers was not built in flash instead it was built with fire. An ordinary person once taste the bitterness of a defeat will suddenly change its directions and go find an easier path. Successful people becomes stronger and will try even harder even if they experienced defeat for several or even a hundred times. They will not stop until their dreams turn into a reality. They are willing to sacrifice up to their last breath to get what they want. They have a habit of doing whatever it takes, not listening to what other people say and patiently waiting until their time has finally arrived. So are you less talented? Poor? Ugly? Weak? Don’t worry, unless you are the most persevering guy in your chosen field and never take back down to any challenges your dreams will come true and it is just a matter of time for the realization of your dreams.
1. When your conscious mind start to embrace every challenge that comes into your life then there is no doubt you will become successful.
2. Brains are like muscles, the more we use it the more it becomes stronger and the more we take it for granted the more it became rusty and useless.
3. Dreaming is free so you don’t owe anyone for dreaming big, shout your dreams, make it happen.
4. Thousands of disabled person become rich and successful so if you still believe in luck tell it to them and they will laugh at you.
5. Failures are the key to success, so if you are failing a lot of times be happy because on those failures comes a lot of experiences that will make you stronger and knowledgeable to achieve your goals.
6. Look at yourself in the mirror and if what you see is a weak person then don’t change the mirror change the one who is looking at the mirror.
7. We only have one life, we are the owner of our own body, we are the owner of our own mind, we can do what we want, choose what we want and have what we want only if we are willing to pay the price.
8. If the word IMPOSSIBLE was true then why does the word POSSIBLE exist?
9. Age is just a number, past is just a memory, all we need is belief and we can change our whole life for the better.
10. Blaming your environment for the life that you have today is not the right thing to do. If you will just take a look at your past you will see that you are the one who makes the decisions for your life and those decisions are the reason for what you have in your life today.
11. If giving your best is not enough then you are really not giving your best because the word best doesn’t have any limitations.
12. Early bird catches the worm; the latest monkey will be drowned to the sea.
13. SUCCESS is like a puzzle, we have to take the best pieces and put it together to make it happen.
14. If you are feeling hopeless and wanted to die then why not die for your dreams? It’s the same process but different results.
15. Dreaming is very dangerous if you are just waiting for it happen, it can turn into a nightmare of regrets that will ruin your life forever.
Friday, July 8, 2011
Andrew is a 43 year old clerk in a small company that wishes to give his children a bright future by sending them to a prominent school but he cannot because his salary was too small. He always asks for an increase in his salary every year because he deserves it but his boss always refuses to give him because the company was too small. Even if he doubles his effort by making overtime everyday still his money is not enough for their family needs. Andrew is a very talented guy, he is very hardworking and has the capacity to learn everything he needs but still he settles for the small company that was not making any progress for years. He does everything, working for almost 14 hours a day from Monday to Saturday but still his effort is not enough to give his family a comfortable life. One of his co-workers sees his effort and talents and asks him to join and apply for another job at the new building where their office is located. This new building is a very large company and all of their workers are very competitive, their salary was way too high compared to where Andrew is working now. His co-worker who asks him to find another job is not as smart as he is, not even talented but this guy loves to take risks and careless of what the outcome can be. He is always being scolded by their boss because he always decides for his self without consulting his teammates.
Andrew cannot sleep at night he was thinking of joining his gutsy co-worker to look for another job. He consults his wife and his closest friends but all of them have only one answer. They told him that he was too old to look for another job and the companies today are looking for the younger and aggressive ones. Some of his friends and other co-workers even laugh at him for the idea that he was trying to convey. Andrew listens to his wife and his friends he did not join the gutsy co-worker to apply for another job that can lead him to success and realization of his dreams.
Five years has passed by and the life of Andrew was still the same. His children were already in College but they were only attending public and not so popular schools. Life of Andrew was so plain and not so satisfying. His face was marked by sadness, frustration and regrets. One afternoon when Andrew was about to take his lunch he saw his gutsy co-worker that asks him to look for another job five years ago. They ate lunch together and had a small conversation about their careers. Andrew has nothing too much to say because his career was a failure but he was amazed about the story of his co-worker, he was already a manager in his company and have a salary of as high as six figures. Andrew’s face was filled with regrets again. He thinks that he was better and younger than this guy but he wasn’t able to reach the same level of success. Before they separate Andrew asks the gutsy guy about his secret and guy simply answered with a smile “You know Andrew it’s not about talents or even about age, success is a choice and it’s about taking risks. Keep in mind my friend that comfort zones are not really comfortable”.
1. So you want to do something? Why not do it now? There is no such thing as perfect timing, the right time is now, we will never know what the perfect timing is until we do it now, if we commit mistakes it will serve as a lesson, at least we will not regret the time that we wasted for waiting.
2. F.E.A.R - Fake Emotions Always Reoccurring
3. It’s never too late to shoot for the stars, dreams doesn’t require age or capabilities, it’s just asking you to never give up and stay committed to your actions.
4. Patience is essentials. Just like the butterfly it patiently waits for its time to have wings and when that time comes its colorful wings carries it wherever it wishes to go.
5. If your dream is too far then move closer. If it is too slippery then wear rough gloves and hold it tight until it gives up and surrender to you. If it is too heavy then break it into pieces and carry it one by one.
6. On your journey to your dreams a lot of people will mock you, put you down, pull you back or stab you at your back. The solution is cover your ears with FOCUS, wear a force field OF COURAGE and DETERMINATION that no matter how hurtful their actions were, you will never stop moving forward.
7. They said that the best shape is circle because it has no beginning and it has no end. I say that the best shape is triangle because you begin at the bottom then you finally rose alone to the top.
8. Time is more valuable than money because we can earn a lot of money but the time that we wasted cannot be bought anymore.
9. The harder a man push, the stronger he became. The softer a man push the weaker he became.
10. SUCCESS is not only a choice but also a COMMITMENT. Thousands of people choose success but are not committed to discipline their selves and take consistent actions to make their dreams come true.
11. Plans may change along the way because of the unfortunate events or unexpected happenings that may come out but do not ever change your goal because of your present situation. Adversities are only signs that we are progressing.
12. If you can earn a single dollar then you can earn a million dollar. It only depends on how fast are you going to do it and how much desire do you have to make it happen.
13. Never seek for anyone’s approval because if you know in yourself that you already did your best then there is no more reason to ask if you are right or wrong.
14. You must live your life like a song, it should be well written with passion and pride so the moment you are gone in this world you will never be forgotten.
15. They say that hard work pays off then yet why are there a lot of hardworking people who are still poor? The reason is they don’t have goals. Yes they really work hard but they don’t move.